Monday, October 13, 2014

A Few Fall Nail Polish Favorites

via
I have been in love with nail polish for as long as I can remember. In fact, I literally cannot remember the last time I did not have nail polish on fingernails or toenails. I literally never have bare fingernails or toenails, even in the dead of winter when no one even sees my toes.

For me, polished nails are the completion to an overall look and sense of feeling put together. Just as I would feel out of place if I left the house without brushing my teeth or combing my hair, I always make sure my nails are polished. Even as a little girl, I loved watching my mother paint her nails and would be utterly thrilled when she would paint mine (always some shade of pink, mind you). What can I say? Polished nails are my thing (always at home, never at a salon).

As I grew older, my collection of nail polish colors expanded (thankfully; though, I do still love a great shade of pink polish). These days I own more shades of nail polish than I care to admit publicly, all in an extreme variance of colors, shades, and textures.

As simple as this may sound, one of my favorite things about the change of season is the rotation of different shades of nail polish that I bring into my beauty routine. Fall nail polish shades are without a doubt my favorite. I'm happy to share a few of those favorites with you today:

Essie's Fishnet Stockings (pictured above) is the absolute perfect shade of brick red for fall. It is not your Christmas red, nor is it your summer red either. Nothing more needed.

via
OPI's You Don't Know Jacques! provides a hot chocolate gloss with a slightly mauve tinge. For those of you desiring a dark taupe nail color that still has some warmth to it, this is it.

via

Don't let lighter tone of this picture fool you. Sheswai Lacquer in Totally offers a smooth, rich cranberry pink that will make the perfect compliment to the fresh cranberry sauce at your Thanksgiving dinner table. Add a few extra layers for an even darker shade and you'll be grinning ear to ear with your polished fingers wrapped around your pumpkin latte.


via
Though in person, the color of the polish while in the bottle looks to be more olive green than gold, Tenoverten by JCrew in Worth displays a matte sheen gold with only the slightest tinge of olive. I purchased it at JCrew (in the accessories section) and it has quickly become my favorite for a golden fall metallic.

via
OPI's Pamplona Purple is a lighter grape twist on the traditional shade of plum. I find it to be a fun variance on my favorite fall staple.

How about you? Have you found any fall shades that you are absolutely loving? If so, please let me know! I'd love to see what you are using and inspired by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind replies are always greatly appreciated. Thank you!